Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Every day life in Jesi...






Hey, let's try this again, with pictures this time~!

Also, in case it hasn't been made clear yet, the actual website for the blog is:

http://www.hooverhappenings.blogspot.com/

Hi! 2 games later, we are finally posting a 2nd blog. It took us awhile to figure out the whole "google groups" mailing list, so now hopefully you'll each receive an email when I publish this post.

I wanted to share a few pics of our house and neighborhood. We live about a 6 minute walk from the City Center, which is where there is a lot of shopping, restaurants, etc. When walking to the Center, I pass by several fresh fruit and vegetable shops, pastry shops (pasticcerias), coffee shops, and little drug stores. Our apartment is on the 2nd level of this green building.

However, just a 1/2 block from the house is a Segafredo coffee shop. Segafredo is to Italy like Starbucks is to the States. It just so happens that the family that owns this particular Segafredo, the Manoni's, is also the owner of our apartment. I was already familiar with Segafredo, because the first one in the U.S. happened to open up about a year ago 2 blocks from my showroom/office in St. Louis. You can see the old guys wondering what the heck I'm doing taking this picture. They all sit out on the patio everyday and are big basketball fans, so they all notice when Ryan and I come and go, since it's hard to miss our car!!! Later... Brenna

7 comments:

Maria Biliato said...

Ciao Brenna and Ryan. What a wonderful idea! I was finally able to enter the site. The wedding pictures are gorgeous. Brenna, be in touch for whatever you may need. Lots of love Maria, Billy and Bryan in Como, Italy

manhattandoula said...

Oh, your descriptions are making me want to be in Europe! Thanks for taking us along with you. :) Rachel

YAPP said...

Brenna,

Good to hear from you, I'm glad to hear things are going well. How is the married life? I know you two love birds are doing wonderful, lol. You tell my big brother I said hello. I'll stay in contact through the blog. Again, it's good to hear from ya.


Take care,
Jason

Della P said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing.

Kerry Russell said...

I am so happy to hear that all is well with you two! I am sure that it is a big adjustment, but what a wonderful adventure!!! I still plan on visiting in about a year from now, so if you are in the same area, I can see these places for myself! I got back from the Dominican Republic on Friday, and I am still trying to get back into the swing of things, especially with being in a new apartment where I don't think I will get internet-I have changed my priorities, and that is less stuff, more travel. I have lots to dish, so we need to catch up in more detail soon. Love the pictures! Miss you, have a great night!
Kerry

The Nielsens said...

Can't wait to see more! I know you are busy soaking it all in - I would be - but I check your blog everyday just in case...

bsue2u said...

Brenna---Thanks for the cute photo you mailed. You and Ryan make a beautiful couple. Please send me your email address, so we can keep in touch! (I also need to send you recent photos of Jack!)
I'm glad to hear you are doing well in Italy.
Take care,
Brenda Sue

Music Favorites