Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hello from Italy!


Buonasera!!!! We are both here in Jesi, and doing well. Ryan is a veteran, so all he has to do is concentrate on playing ball and winning games. I, on the other hand, have had a number of new things to learn, not the least of which, was setting up this blog!!!

I have been here one week now, and I am finally able to find my way to the two grocery stores, the arena, and the city centre. Driving here is a whole new experience... At the moment, I'm driving like a little old lady, which is driving Ryan nuts, but I'm sure that I will soon be able to keep up with the crazy pace, the turn abouts, and the winding one-way roads.

Tomorrow is Ryan's first regular-season game. He is playing in Montecatini which is just on the east side of Florence. It's a 4-hour drive and I will be going with another player's wife. Ryan played for Montecatini in the 2003-2004 season, so this game will have higher personal stakes for him, but it is also an opportunity to see old friends and teammates!~

I miss you all, but I'm also enjoying this new season of life... not much to be stressed about these days... I'll post pictures of Italy when I get back from Montecatini! For now, I'm posting a few wedding pics that people have been asking for...

1 comment:

brandisue82 said...

Hi Mrs. Hoover! So glad to see you're doing well and loving Italy. Hang in there when it comes to the language frustrations- it gets easier! You can also get a lot done with hand gestures...

You were a beautiful bride- of course! And you have a handsome groom. I'd love to keep in touch so add me to your email list.

I wish you all the best-
Brandi Yancey

Music Favorites